2012 - Shape - January

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

thanks to http://willgardners.tumblr.com

CITAZIONE
    It’s hard to catch Jennifer Morrison those days. “My life is a real mess, but a good mess.” She shares her time between Vancouver (where she acts in the new successful TV show Once Upon A Time) and her home in Los Angeles. This overbooked schedule is the key of a successful carreer started more than 20 years ago : she acted in a tv commercial when she was 10 and got her first role movie at 13. The actress gave us (of course in an airport), her secrets to stay happy and healthy despite everything.

SHAPE : You played in Dr House for five seasons. What are your best memories ?

JENNIFER : I liked a lot of stuffs in Dr House. Dr Cameron was a really beautiful character. But I especially loved playing with the other actors, it was an incredible group and, everyday, I was learning something new. We were more looking alike a theater band than a TV show team.

SHAPE : You’re really busy since you quit this tv show Dr House. With the first role in Once Upon A Time, you also played in the short movies serie Five. What attracted you in this project ?

JENNIFER : I was really excited to be directed by Demi Moore and the project gathered a lot of talentuous actors. It was also for a good cause. Those are families confronted to breast cancer. It’s always gratifying to take part in something that transports an important message.

SHAPE : Did breast cancer personally touch you ?

JENNIFER : hopefully not. But close people struggled against other cancer forms. And when I played in the movie, I got some beauty beads removed which were melanomas. But except a few scars, I’m alright.

SHAPE : An emergency like that recalls that taking care of yourself is important. What do you do to stay healthy ?

JENNIFER : I do “warm” yoga four times a week and I run 45 minutes two or three times a week. Physical exercise reduces stress a lot. My work can ask me a lot of energy, so to reduce the stress, I have to do a regular practice. I feel good whe I do some exercise, and I feel emotionally well, my day will be better.

SHAPE : It’s true, emotional health is important. What else do you do, except playing, to feed your creative side ?

JENNIFER : I work on several writing projects, and I also like reading new plays. I grew uplearning the pianp, and so, sometimes, I take my oled music partitions.

SHAPE : Tell us about you diet. What do you eat everyday ?

JENNIFER : Well, I grew up eating steaks, meat, potatoes, and pasta. Delicious but not healthy. Now I eat a lot of fish, fruits and vegetables. But I like coconut water. It’s rich in electrolysis and helps me especially when I have really hard schedules. But I didn’t give up coffee !

SHAPE : How do you respect your diet while not healthy is everywhere ?

JENNIFER : I always have a smoothie (often kale, spinages, parsley and banana) between meals. It sounds weird but it’s really good. When I’m tempted to eat not healthy food, I think about how I would feel then, and I drink my smootie instead.

SHAPE : So you always eat healthy ?

JENNIFER : Of course not ! Sundays, I eat whatever I want. I never forbid myself, Iit would drive me crazy. I still eat pasta … and I drink wine. I love red wine and I sometimes drink a glass , I can say it’s good for myself.

SHAPE : And plus eating whatever you want, how do you spend your sundays and your free days ?

JENNIFER : It can sound crazy, but I exercise, because it’s the only time I turn my cell phone off and where I can be myself. I had a free day last week. I did some yoga, went running, I well ate, I met some friends and finally went swimming. What a satisfaction to have nothing to un and only take care of myself.

SHAPE : What’s your favourite place in France ?

JENNIFER : I love Paris. My dream is to rent an appartment there.

SHAPE : Great ! What do you like there ?

JENNIFER : Its elegance. From achitecture to its history, everything is incredible. During walks, you admire peoples’ clothes. It’s a really wealthy city. You can see the past and the future. Being in that energy is fabulous.

SHAPE : and the food ?

JENNIFER : The bread is awesome ! Why is it different in France ? What do they put in ? I’ve never eaten better bread.

http://willgardners.tumblr.com/post/161310...molove-jennifer

17 replies since 26/12/2011, 23:46   3594 views