OUAT - S01E13 - What Happened to Frederick

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time - Episode 1.13 - What Happened to Frederick - Press Release

CITAZIONE

DAVID AGREES TO TELL KATHRYN ABOUT HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH MARY MARGARET AND END HIS LOVELESS MARRIAGE, AND PRINCE CHARMING AIDS ABIGAIL ON A DANGEROUS MISSION TO RECOVER SOMETHING SPECIAL THAT WAS LOST TO HER, ON ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME"

Alan Dale ("Lost") Guest Stars as King George

"What Happened to Frederick" - With their love for each other growing stronger, David finally agrees to tell Kathryn about his relationship with Mary Margaret and put an end to his loveless marriage. Meanwhile, in the fairytale land that was, while runaway groom Prince Charming searches for Snow White, he agrees to aid Abigail on a dangerous mission to recover something precious that was lost to her, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 19 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Jared Gilmore as Henry Mills, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David and Raphael Sbarge as Jiminy Cricket/Archie Hopper.

Guest starring are Anastasia Griffith as Kathryn/Abigail, Meghan Ory as Ruby/Red Riding Hood, Alan Dale as King George, Beverley Elliott as Granny, Eion Bailey as stranger/August W. Booth, Aria Pullman as Siren and Greyston Holt as gym teacher/Frederick.

"What Happened to Frederick" was written by David H. Goodman and directed by Dean White.

"Once Upon a Time" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format with a 5.1 channel surround sound. A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to the airdate.

For more information on "Once Upon a Time," visit ABC.com/Once

th_OUATS01E13001 th_OUATS01E13002 th_OUATS01E13003 th_OUATS01E13004 th_OUATS01E13005 th_OUATS01E1329 th_OUATS01E1328 th_OUATS01E1327 th_OUATS01E1326 th_OUATS01E1325 th_OUATS01E1324 th_OUATS01E1323 th_OUATS01E1322 th_OUATS01E1321 th_OUATS01E1320 th_OUATS01E1319 th_OUATS01E1318 th_OUATS01E1317 th_OUATS01E1316 th_OUATS01E1315 th_OUATS01E1314 th_OUATS01E1313 th_OUATS01E1312 th_OUATS01E1311 th_OUATS01E1310 th_OUATS01E1309 th_OUATS01E1308 th_OUATS01E1307 th_OUATS01E1306 th_OUATS01E1330 th_OUATS01E1331 th_OUATS01E1332 th_OUATS01E1333 th_OUATS01E1334 th_OUATS01E1335 th_OUATS01E1336 th_OUATS01E1337 th_OUATS01E13038 th_OUATS01E13039 th_OUATS01E13040 th_OUATS01E13041 th_OUATS01E13042 th_OUATS01E13043 th_OUATS01E13044 th_OUATS01E13045 th_OUATS01E13046

Edited by Aleki77 - 31/1/2012, 10:18

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time 1.13 Review: Secrets Are Exposed & True Love is Rekindled

Written By Clarissa
    February 19th, 2012

Don't let the title of this week's Once Upon a Time review fool you. The truth is that secrets are exposed in Storybrooke, but that doesn't mean that anyone ends up with the person they love. In fact, it's the opposite. But we'll get to that shortly.

Let's start with the fairytale world in this week's Once Upon a Time, which was slightly more hopeful overall. This episode is dated shortly after the last Charming/Snow White episode we saw. Snow had told Charming she didn't love him in order to save his life and then went off with the dwarfs, but Charming called off his wedding to Abigail regardless. Now, he's on the trail to find Snow. Unfortunately, King George is right behind him, hoping to bring him to heel. Charming is momentarily kidnapped, only to be dumped at the feet of Abigail. And here's the big twist: it turns out that she knows all about his love for Snow. But that's okay, because she doesn't actually love him either.

In fact, Abigail is actually in love with a man named Frederick, who was unfortunately turned to gold by King Midas while trying to save his life. She's tried everything to bring him back, but nothing has worked. Until she suggested the water from a magical lake that is supposed to return what has been lost to you. Only it's guarded by some horrible monster. No problem, Charming says. After all, he's incredibly brave, so he should be able to succeed where all the men before him have failed.

Off he goes to the lake, only to find that the horrible monster is actually a beautiful Siren. When her visage doesn't appeal to him, she transforms into Snow. He's enamored with her at first, obviously missing the real Snow, but he resists. Then he's dragged under water, but a coincidentally placed dagger on the bottom of the lake proves a handy weapon and he kills the Siren. He returns the water to Abigail who transforms Frederick back into a man. With genuine thanks to Charming, she tells him to go find Snow. Instead, he finds Ruby, who tells him that Snow most definitely still loves him (at least until she took that forgetting potion, which neither of them know about). With King George once again on his heels, he and Ruby ride off to find Charming's true love.

Meanwhile, in Storybrooke, this week's Once Upon a Time was far less hopeful for the future. Kathryn told David that she had been accepted to law school and thought they could start a new life in Boston. When he told Mary Margaret she was understandably upset. But she also wanted David to tell Kathryn the truth about him. He agreed that it was time.

However, what he promised Mary Margaret and what he delivered were two different things, although the ending was ultimately the same. He told Kathryn that he's been trying, but there's just no real connection between them. Basically, he told her that it's time to end their marriage. She rushed to Regina's office to tearfully tell her friend what had happened and Regina immediately spilled the beans about Mary Margaret and David's affair. Kathryn accused Regina of being a bad friend by keeping the truth from him.

Later, Kathryn confronted Mary Margaret at school, where she let it slip that David had simply ended their marriage but didn't tell her the real truth. Mary Margaret was upset that he had lied to her. But she soon found that she had far bigger problems. Word of the affair quickly circulated through Storybrooke and everywhere she went, people were whispering behind her back. Granny even told Mary Margaret that she should be ashamed of herself. That's when she finally confronted David, telling him that she didn't want all of this to happen and that their "love" was just this horrible, destructive thing.

Once Upon a Time Episode 13 (ABC/JACK ROWAND)Really, Once Upon a Time writers? I mean, REALLY? Let's back up for a moment. At first, I was frustrated with the fact that David couldn't make up his mind. It's clear he's had no connection with Kathryn from the beginning. Then when he finally kissed Mary Margaret, he was hesitant to let the truth come out. I was thrilled when he finally decided to own up to the affair, and then the frustration set in again when he couldn't tell Kathryn the whole truth. But after thinking it over, I thought that maybe what David actually told Kathryn was probably the best version of the truth. He ended their marriage but didn't bring Mary Margaret into it and also didn't make Kathryn feel even worse by saying he had cheated. Sure, it would have been a lie of omission, but it could have been the best solution overall. Mary Margaret should have realized that. Now she's being painted as a harlot and she's put an end to her relationship with David, which is just so incredibly frustrating. How much more back and forth will there be with this couple? I thought that maybe they could finally be together and work on standing up to Regina together. Only now they're both alone and we may have to go through this whole exercise all over again in another few episodes.

Although, I have to admit, the most surprising part of this week's Once Upon a Time was how much I had come to like Kathryn. Her character's been a bit of a mystery all season, mostly blowing cold. I really warmed up to her in this episode. Not only did Abigail turn out to be a decent person, but Kathryn also realized at the end that her marriage to David really was a sham and told Regina as much. Instead of being horrible about it after she had calmed down, she simply wanted to move to Boston and start a new life. She even left a letter telling Mary Margaret and David they should be together.

Only they'll never get that letter, because Regina broke into her house and stole it, only to burn it later. And Kathryn drove out of town to start her new life, but later the Storybrooke equivalent of Frederick happened upon her crashed car, with its airbag deployed and Kathryn officially missing. Not good.

Finally, the mysterious writer made some progress with Emma this week when he managed to talk her into going on a mini-date with him. He also revealed his real name: August. But the mystery surrounding him didn't lessen with the reveal of his name, because we also saw him copying Henry's book, only to return the original to Emma later by placing it under her car and making it seem like it had fallen off the trash truck. Henry is thrilled that his book has been returned and Operation Cobra is back on, but August is certainly piquing our interest.

I really enjoyed the fairytale portion of this week's Once Upon a Time, but the Storybrooke storyline was a bit frustrating. While August's presence in town is something I'd like to explore more, I really wish there would be more development in the Mary Margaret-David relationship front.

Once Upon a Time is on hiatus for a week but will return with a new episode on March 4.

http://www.tvovermind.com/once-upon-a-time...p-review/125600

3. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

I loved Granny's line to Emma about how she'd take the motorcycle ride with August if Emma didn't go with him, LOL ;)

I don't like the two week wait but the next episode looks really good. :)

4. briteen
        +1   -1

User deleted

my only complain is that the show seems to spend a lot of time developing the Snow White storyline and less time on Emma's, Henry's or even the stranger's. I guess not having a fairy tale background has its drawbacks.

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

TV Ratings Sunday: 'Once Upon a Time' Steady; ABC & Fox Recover A Bit + 'Celebrity Apprentice,' 'Amazing Race' Premiere

Written By Robert Seidman

CBS narrowly edged out ABC and NBC for the night's lead with adults 18-49 and easily won with total viewers. Note: CBS's primetime start was delayed by 22 minutes by golf overrun so the ratings below should be taken with a large grain of salt pending the final ratings (which, sadly, due to the President's Day holiday will probably not be available until Wednesday morning). On the other hand overrun from the Northern Trust golf tournament didn't exactly catapult CBS compared to football (or even something like the Masters).

ABC and Fox recovered some (but not all) of last week's losses vs. the Grammy Awards, but interestingly Once Upon A Time which held up relatively well last week against the Grammy's was not up this week. But Once Upon A Time was the night's top-rated show with adults 18-49.

The premieres The Amazing Race and Celebrity Apprentice were relatively flat versus last year - pending final numbers, in the scrambled numbers The Amazing Race looks to be up 4% versus last year and the Celebrity Apprentice was down 7% versus last year's premiere (2.6 vs. 2.8) and down 4% vs. last year's preliminary numbers, but as it stands is the lowest-rated premiere for Celebrity Apprentice ever.

The Simpson's 500th episode was up 30% over last week's downtrodden number, but looks like our commenters were expecting more. Napoleon Dynamite was up 11% from last week, Family Guy was up 8% and American Dad was up 22% with adults 18-49 vs. last week. Earlier in the night The Cleveland Show was flat vs. last week.

ABC's America's Funniest Home Videos and the aforementioned Once Upon A Time were flat vs. last week. Desperate Housewives recovered 22%. Pan Am was up 71% to a still paltry 1.2 adults 18-49 rating in what was no doubt its series finale.

Broadcast primetime ratings for Sunday, February 19, 2012:
    Time Net Show 18-49 Rating/Sh Viewers (Millions)
    7:00 ABC America's Funniest Home Videos 2.0/6 8.03
    CBS Golf/60 Minutes 1.8/5 11.53
    NBC The Voice (R) 1.3/4 4.20
    FOX Bob's Burgers (R) 0.6/2 1.81

7:30 FOX The Cleveland Show 1.2/3 2.62

8:00 ABC Once Upon A Time 3.0/8 9.71
    CBS 60 Minutes/Amazing Race (Season Premiere) 2.6/7 10.85
    FOX The Simpsons 2.6/7 5.79
    NBC The Voice (R) 1.9/5 6.07

8:30 FOX Napoleon Dynamite 2.0/5 4.42

9:00 FOX Family Guy 2.7/7 5.39
    NBC Celebrity Apprentice (Season Premiere) 2.5/6 7.11
    CBS Amazing Race/The Good Wife 2.2/5 9.47
    ABC Desperate Housewives 2.2/5 7.55

9:30 FOX American Dad 2.2/5 4.40

10:00 NBC Celebrity Apprentice (Season Premiere) 2.8/7 7.68
    CBS The Good Wife/CSI: Miami 2.1/5 9.98
    ABC Pan Am (Finale) 1.2/3 3.88

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/02/2...remiere/120735/

6. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (HeatherC12 @ 20/2/2012, 04:56)
    I don't like the two week wait but the next episode looks really good. :)

I so agree. These enforced "breaks" are maddening, I am that hooked on this show. ABC had no choice with this interruption as the Oscars are on the alphabet network. I wonder if Jennifer will be attending the Oscar show? :huh:

QUOTE (briteen @ 20/2/2012, 15:38)
    my only complain is that the show seems to spend a lot of time developing the Snow White storyline and less time on Emma's, Henry's or even the stranger's. I guess not having a fairy tale background has its drawbacks.

Me, too; I've long had a silent gripe about the drawn out David-James-PC/MM-Snow White (whew :wacko: ) ship at the expense of others, most notably -- Emma's.
    BUT.....
    I tell myself that this show is a journey and not a sprint. For now, the David/MM story is one that fuels the fire for a majority of fans (seemingly), so if it helps the ratings then I will be happy with it.

I have fingers crossed that Emma/August will develop :wub: ; I think those two could really sizzle. I'm also thoroughly enjoying the Emma/Regina dynamic :D . Like a game of chess between two masters, or almost like a Roadrunner cartoon, the back-and-forth between these two antagonists is superb entertainment. ;)

5 replies since 23/1/2012, 17:26   435 views