A Brand New “House” for Jennifer Morrison in West Hollywood

« Older   Newer »

1. aurore
        +2   +1   -1

User deleted

A Brand New “House” for Jennifer Morrison in West Hollywood

Actress Jennifer Morrison, famous for her roles on House, How I Met Your Mother and the brand new Once Upon a Time, just got the keys to a stunning 1930′s Mediterranean in West Hollywood. Purchased on January 10, 2012 for $2,150,000, Morrison’s new abode is a 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom, 2,210 square -foot stunner off the Sunset Strip.

Meticulously updated, the home’s channel foyer leads to both vaulted living room with bay window and fireplace or to the formal dining room. The library/media room features stunning, custom cabinetry. A semi-small chef’s kitchen features marble counters, a hand-painted tile back splash, Viking professional ovens, Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer and eat-in breakfast nook with ample seating. An additional reading room with fireplace is a prelude to the master suite—with Juliet balcony, fireplace and bathroom with hand-cut tiles, porcelain soaking tub, marble double vanity table, separate shower and bidet. The guest bedroom has a private, en-suite bath.

An outdoor entertainer’s patio and private yard is a mixture of greenery, terra cotta, stone and concrete –with pool, spa and outdoor kitchen. Landscaping by Sean McGowan includes olive, citrus and palm. Additional separate pool guest bedroom with bath completes the offering.

Aside from this new purchase, Morrison also owns another home in Encino that she purchased on November 21, 2005 for $1,059,000.

jmohouse4

jmohouse3

jmohouse2

jmohouse1

jmohouse

http://luxe.truliablog.com/2012/01/jennife...ollywood-house/

2. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Oh, Aurore, merci for finding this information....and with pictures, too!! I love the home...I think that it's perfect for her. And she has her own pool! Our Princess has arrived!

And she still owns her previous home?! She obviously has no problem with finances.

3. briteen
        +1   -1

User deleted

more pictures here www.trulia.com/homes/photos/Califor...CA-90069#item-7

but the question is "why is there a traffic mirror in the bathroom"? :blink:

other than that the house suits her perfectly :D

thanks for the article

4. jennwithapen
        +1   -1

User deleted

Very quaint with a lot of charm and character! Thanks JMOLove for finding us these awesome pix!

And remember, the decorations you see in these pictures aren't Jen's (I doubt she would ever consent to such a story considering how private she is); probably an interior decorator fixed it up like this for photos when the house was first placed on the market.

Briteen, you mean you don't have a traffic mirror above your tub? That's pretty much the norm over here in the states ;-)

5. briteen
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (jennwithapen @ 1/2/2012, 00:01) 
    Very quaint with a lot of charm and character! Thanks JMOLove for finding us these awesome pix!

And remember, the decorations you see in these pictures aren't Jen's (I doubt she would ever consent to such a story considering how private she is); probably an interior decorator fixed it up like this for photos when the house was first placed on the market.

Briteen, you mean you don't have a traffic mirror above your tub? That's pretty much the norm over here in the states ;-)

LOL, no but I have a stop sign by the door :lol:

6. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

oh! very lovely house :D

picture-uh40e06e2b31f4d81ebb71eebf634faec0-psc7dfed53f8fcfb49a74f6b7ea3c886

picture-uh94f31868571beaab9391cad8931e1e78-ps7b49a912e9ed689ac748dc94d43ec46

picture-uhab42302147264d5f68805f882fc8b4e1-psa8157dcd39ca67bd456285618eb399

picture-uh6c72aae512d786e497b11163acda3359-ps3e155c4d3c5795c1639ff99934e89bf

CITAZIONE

really? OH GOD! I'd like to come at your house and check your traffic mirror! here in europe it seems we're late on the traffic mirror above the tub! ;)

7. jennwithapen
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (Aleki77 @ 31/1/2012, 22:06) 
    I'd like to come at your house and check your traffic mirror! here in europe it seems we're late on the traffic mirror above the tub! ;)

Yes, it's so you can see everything that's happening in your bathroom...in case your bathroom is a busy, happening place ;)

Really a beautiful house...I wonder if she has even had time to move into it yet.

8. JMHBSK
        +1   -1

User deleted

Dude!! I'm in love with that house. It's so cozy and beautiful. Jen has magnificent taste. So happy for her.

Thanks for the link and pictures.

9. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

GORGEUOS :D

10. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

What a wonderful house! She does have great taste and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that it has a bay window. I've always wanted to live somewhere with a gorgeous bay window. BTW-It's very rare that a celebrity buys a house that has the same amount of rooms as mine so I don't know what to do with that right now, LOL :lol:

11. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

and About her old house:

Actress Jennifer Morrison lists Encino home

The Mediterranean-style house, offered at $979,000, contains about 2,000 square feet of living space in three stories. Morrison, 32, played Dr. Allison Cameron on 'House M.D.' from 2004 to 2010.

By Lauren Beale, Los Angeles Times

February 8, 2012, 4:46 p.m.
    Actress Jennifer Morrison has listed her Encino home for sale at $979,000.

The Mediterranean-style house, built in 1966, contains about 2,000 square feet of living space in three stories. The home features an updated kitchen, three bedrooms and 21/2 bathrooms. A covered patio, built-in barbecue, spa and waterfall complete the nearly half-acre of grounds.
    Morrison, 32, played Dr. Allison Cameron on "House M.D." from 2004 to 2010. She stars in the series "Once Upon a Time," which started last year.

Public records show she bought the property in 2005 for $1.059 million.

Tracy T. Maltas of Partners Trust in Brentwood is the listing agent.

http://www.latimes.com/classified/realesta...er&dlvrit=61964

12. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Grazie, Aleki, for this update. From the article about her new home, I wondered what she had planned for the previous house. It appears that she is already taking a loss on it, so I hope that she can move it quickly. It could be that houses aren't moving very well in that area. :unsure:

13. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

this is the "old" house of our Jennifer in Encino:

jpg

Edited by Aleki77 - 10/2/2012, 00:01

14. jennwithapen
        +1   -1

User deleted

I definitely like the new one better! And I actually like Amaury's house a lot, too.

15. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (jennwithapen @ 10/2/2012, 01:28) 
    I definitely like the new one better! And I actually like Amaury's house a lot, too.

I agree, Jenn, and I was thinking the very same thing about Amaury's house; I actually like his the best, mostly for the stupendous view.

Which leads me to wonder: since the two of them supposedly bought his house together, I hope that Jen is getting back whatever funds she put into that purchase.

26 replies since 31/1/2012, 22:45   2495 views