House Series Finale: Will Lisa Edelstein, Jennifer Morrison and Olivia Wilde Return?

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

House Series Finale: Will Lisa Edelstein, Jennifer Morrison and Olivia Wilde Return?

Your questions answered – Why is House ending? When is it ending? Will previous cast members return?

House Season 8 (the current season) will be its final season. The series finale air in May of 2012, and be directed by David Shore.

House, which premiered in 2004, currently stars Hugh Laurie, Omar Epps, Robert Sean Leonard, Jesse Spencer, Odette Annable, Peter Jacobson and Charlyne Yi. (Lisa Edelstein, Jennifer Morrison and Olivia Wilde are major players from previous seasons of House.)

David Shore has expressed interest in having Lisa Edelstein return in the penultimate episode of house. Olivia Wilde has already RSVP’d to appear on the show once more. But will Jennifer Morrison be back? She’s the lead on the ABC drama Once Upon a Time, but she’s expressed extreme interest (the words “absolute dream” were used) in being in the finale.

David Shore, Katie Jacobs and Hugh Laurie released a statement about how and why House is ending in season 8.

By April this year they will have completed 177 episodes, which is about 175 more than anyone expected back in 2004.

The decision to end the show now, or ever, is a painful one, as it risks putting asunder hundreds of close friendships that have developed over the last eight years – but also because the show itself has been a source of great pride to everyone involved.

Since it began, House has aspired to offer a coherent and satisfying world in which everlasting human questions of ethics and emotion, logic and truth, could be examined, played out, and occasionally answered. This sounds like fancy talk, but it really isn’t. House has, in its time, intrigued audiences around the world in vast numbers, and has shown that there is a strong appetite for television drama that relies on more than prettiness or gun play.

But now that time is drawing to a close. The producers have always imagined House as an enigmatic creature; he should never be the last one to leave the party. How much better to disappear before the music stops, while there is still some promise and mystique in the air.

Lastly, the audience: some have come and some have gone, obviously. This is to be expected in the life of any show. But over the course of the last eight years, the producers of House have felt immensely honored to be the subject of such close attention by an intelligent, discriminating, humane and thoughtful – not to mention numerous – audience. Even the show’s detractors have been flattering in their way. Making the show has felt like a lively and passionate discussion about as many different subjects as could possibly be raised in 177 hours. The devotion and generosity of our viewers has been marvelous to behold.

If the show lives on somewhere, with somebody, as a fond memory, then that is a precious feat, of which we will always be proud.

There will be no House spin off.

http://smallscreenscoop.com/house-series-f...-return/322417/

February 8, 2012 04:33 PM PST

House Swan Song Scoop: 3 Things You Need to Know About The Series Finale (and Beyond)

House CancelledNow that you’ve had time to digest the news that House is ending its eight-year run in May, let’s turn our attention to what will arguably be one of the biggest TV events of the season: The show’s series finale.

Keep reading for answers to a few burning questions about the episode, as well as intel on what the show’s demise means for the cast (hint: even though House won’t be back next fall, they may be.)

1 | The series finale will shoot in early April and will be directed by series creator David Shore, who will also co-write the hour (his script partner is TBD).

2 | There’s a good chance we’ll see some familiar faces return before Princeton-Plainsboro closes its doors for good, but which ones? Over the summer, Shore told TVLine that he would “love” for Hugh Laurie’s former leading lady, Lisa Edelstein, to check back in prior to the last episode. A source, however, says no formal discussions have begun. One alum you can count on returning for the swan song is Olivia Wilde. Prior to her exit this fall, the actress agreed to put in one last appearance as Thirteen should this be the final season.

And although Jennifer Morrison is currently gainfully employed on ABC’s Once Upon a Time, she recently told TVLine that it would be an “absolute dream” to slip back into Cameron’s scrubs for the finale, adding, “That show was such an important part of my life, and I loved playing that character and I loved that group of actors.”

3 | You may see Chase, Foreman and Co. back on TV next fall. The early announcement, coming at the start of pilot season’s casting phase, frees the show’s ensemble up to attach themselves to potential new series. Don’t look for Hugh Laurie to pursue a tube return anytime soon though. “I’m sure he’s looking forward to a nice long break from the weekly grind,” shares an insider.

www.tvline.com/2012/02/house-series-finale-spoilers/

2. jennwithapen
        +1   -1

User deleted

I just want her to be invited back for the finale...whether or not she accepts isn't as important (although I kind of hope she does...more as a memorial to the show in it's best/early years...not b/c I think they can/will do something wonderful for Cameron at this late stage). I actually think Cameron had her send-off already and so I'm not really looking for that anyway. I just want Jennifer included...or at least given the chance to be included if her schedule permits.

3. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (jennwithapen @ 9/2/2012, 04:13) 
    I just want her to be invited back for the finale...whether or not she accepts isn't as important (although I kind of hope she does...more as a memorial to the show in it's best/early years...not b/c I think they can/will do something wonderful for Cameron at this late stage). I actually think Cameron had her send-off already and so I'm not really looking for that anyway. I just want Jennifer included...or at least given the chance to be included if her schedule permits.

Yes, Jenn, I know what you're thinking, but I believe the core answer to whether or not she will be invited back lies (pun very much intended) in what RumplestiltsSHORE hasn't said. He would love to have Edelstein back, and he and the evil witch, Jacobs, have already extended the golden invite to OW. The absence of any public mention of Jen shows just what they think of her. I can't stand them, and I hate myself for still feeling that way. :angry:

4. jennwithapen
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (comotion @ 9/2/2012, 01:37) 
    Yes, Jenn, I know what you're thinking, but I believe the core answer to whether or not she will be invited back lies (pun very much intended) in what RumplestiltsSHORE hasn't said. He would love to have Edelstein back, and he and the evil witch, Jacobs, have already extended the golden invite to OW. The absence of any public mention of Jen shows just what they think of her. I can't stand them, and I hate myself for still feeling that way. :angry:

You're right...nobody with the show even mentions her in the list of possible returnees...only the fans :(

In response to one of Ausiello's stories about the show ending, a commenter made the argument that none of the 3 ladies should return. Here it is:

Bringing someone back who hasn’t been in an episode for almost three seasons (Cameron) just to say goodbye for the third time is ridiculous.

Bringing someone (Cuddy) who left without saying goodbye after her ex tried to kill her to say goodbye is way more ridiculous.

And finally, bringing someone (13) who’s been in and out without making an impact in the storyline is pointless.

This is an...interesting argument. I kind of agree with this poster, and yet I think the finale would fail to honor the really good parts of the show (the first few seasons) without inviting these ladies back. I'm even ok with Cuddy as long as the ending isn't "House and Cuddy ride off into the sunset." I would hate that. Ironically, the one I care least about returning (OW) is the only one that definitely will.

5. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

Officialy... they should call all women back, or at least Jennifer and Lisa that were there since the pilot.

I cant add nothing more, this show is the biggest disappointment for me as a tv-fan...

6. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

I'd love to see her back on House for the finale!
    I would be very disappointed if Olivia and Lisa are back but not Jennifer

Edited by aurore - 10/2/2012, 00:56

7. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (aurore @ 9/2/2012, 22:18) 
    I'll be very disappointed if Olivia and Lisa are back but not Jennifer

It would be lack of style ... but in the past they have already clearly shown not to possess it, so it would not be a surprise.

For the pleasure to seeing Cameron once more, I'd like to see the return of our lovely Jennifer Morrison in House.

For the pride that burns inside me, I wish there was a gallant invitation for our Jennifer but with a brutal NO from her, but we all know that Jennifer wants to return and I think that she would do more for fans than for herself ... I hope that the contract with ABS is in the exclusive and that her liabilities do not allow her ...

but heck!!! see again Cameron (the real Cameron, our Cameron, not the faded version of the second part of season 5 and season 6) would make me really, really happy.

8. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

First, ALL of you make such sensible, evocative points about this, and I am so very proud of you! ;) ;) !!!

IMHO, a series final should honor as many principal participants as the producers can muster; not the guest stars, the principal characters -- that is proper and correct and should be above reproach.

I would be absolutely stunned if Edelstein didn't come back for the finale. So, assuming she does return for this, the show would then be honoring the original ducklings, the A Team, with one huge exception, of course. And why? Because Shore, Jacobs and quite a few others are just nasty people who won't do the correct thing and at least extend an invitation to Jennifer , as Jenn so passionately and rightly explained.

Hey, maybe Jen can't participate in such an endeavor due to scheduling conflicts or a clause in her current OUAT contract that might prohibit such an exercise. That's O.K. But not to at least extend the the human courtesy of just proffering an invitation to participate, to one of the originals, a person who worked so hard to make that show a success in its nascent stage....that is mean, petty and totally wrong!

I wish that some of the industry writers/bloggers such as Ausiello, Dos Santos and Millovitch, would use their knowledge, writing skills and influence to write an Op Ed column, sort of a public "Letter to the House Producers," that would goad TPTB of House to do the responsible thing and invite Jen back to take part "in the party." Common sense would dictate that such a move would make the producers feel better about themselves, but, hey, who are we talking about, here? Shore and Jacobs doing something noble?

I need a drink. <_<

9. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/02/latest-fr...m_medium=tumblr

Latest from E!Online - Various Shows - 10th February 2012

Reynolds: Any chance Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) will come back to House before it ends? Please say yes!
    Cuddy fans, we feel your pain! But sadly, we are told by show insiders there are no plans at this time to bring Lisa Edelstein back to the show, and she's currently vacationing abroad so might not even be available if asked. Take your pleas/grievances to our comments section! We'd also love to see Jennifer Morrison, but I'm told that also a long shot as she'd have to get permission from ABC (she's under contract now for Once Upon a Time).

10. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (MVitto @ 10/2/2012, 16:42) 
    www.spoilertv.com/2012/02/latest-fr...m_medium=tumblr

Latest from E!Online - Various Shows - 10th February 2012

Reynolds: Any chance Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) will come back to House before it ends? Please say yes!
    Cuddy fans, we feel your pain! But sadly, we are told by show insiders there are no plans at this time to bring Lisa Edelstein back to the show, and she's currently vacationing abroad so might not even be available if asked. Take your pleas/grievances to our comments section! We'd also love to see Jennifer Morrison, but I'm told that also a long shot as she'd have to get permission from ABC (she's under contract now for Once Upon a Time).

Grazie, Vitto, for the update. Taking your sound advice, as well as that from many others, it's best to forget all of this and just look ahead.

Jen is better than fine with her current work, and that is a source of marvelous satisfaction for me. ;)

11. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jesse Spencer says ending House is "the right decision"

Following the announcement that long-running medical drama House is set to end, Australian star Jesse Spencer has spoken out about how it was the "right decision".

In an exclusive interview with TV WEEK, Jesse said the cast had an inkling it would be their final season.

"I think everybody was preparing for it to end in their minds," Jesse says.

"We've been going for a long time and it's better to end on a high than keep flogging it. As much as I'd love the show to keep going, I think they made the right decision. I feel like it's probably the right time for it to wrap up."

Jesse is one of the remaining original cast members alongside leading man Hugh Laurie, who has been at the helm for the entire eight seasons.

"Hugh threw a little bash and it's really bittersweet after so many years," the 33-year-old says.

"I think people are looking forward to moving on and taking on new challenges, but at the same time it's been a legacy."

As for how it will end, Jesse wasn't giving anything away, but added the show's producers had been anticipating the final episode.

"They've been planning it, even though they didn't know for sure, so they planned in both directions," he says. "They'll have a good ending, there is no doubt about it."

And keep an eye out for a few familiar faces, with Jesse hinting Lisa Edelstein, who played Cuddy, and Jennifer Morrison, who appeared as Dr Allison Cameron, may return!

"I'm sure they will," he says. "They'll find a way if they're willing to come back for an episode or several.

"It's entirely possible and it would be nice to get some people back who've been such a big part of this show. To get Lisa and Jen back for a few episodes to somehow complete the story would be nice."

http://tvweek.ninemsn.com.au/Blog.aspx?blo...&cmp=blg_981993

12. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

Don't count on Lisa coming back....

Edelstein not returning to House for Finale

13. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Good news :D

14. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Question: Will Jennifer Morrison be returning for the House series finale? —Abby
    Ausiello: If she is, producers better reach out to her fast. “I have not been contacted at all,” Morrison told TVLine at Sunday’s Once Upon a Time panel at PaleyFest 2012. “At this point, it’s too far into the season for them to decide to do that.” (The swan song goes into production in early April.) Finale cameo or not, Morrison admitted, “I feel so lucky to have been a part of it for six years. Everything about it changed my life in such wonderful ways. I kind of can’t believe I got to be part of a show that is so ingrained in pop culture. The fact that I got to be a part of it so long and got to be a part of it from the beginning really means a lot to me.”

http://www.tvline.com/2012/03/spoilers-gle...new-girl-house/

15. Tropic Shawn
        +1   -1

User deleted

E così House si avvia alla conclusione...anche se ormai sono 3-4 anni che non lo seguo più e nonostante la dipartita prima della Morrison e poi di LE un pò mi dispiace o meglio c'è un pò di nostalgia dei primi anni, delle prime fantastiche stagioni e di quella passione per un telefilm che ha cmq segnato un lungo periodo della televisione moderna.

Cameron tornerà per la series finale? Vista la sua più che dignitosa uscita di scena nella sesta stagione e i tempi ormai stretti per girare gli ultimi episodi ne dubito ma come si dice in questi casi "never say never"...

Ad ogni modo dovendo fare un bilancio di House MD in questi anni io credo che l'errore più grande di Shore e in generale del team di autori sia stato la gestione del telefilm dopo la stagione dimezzata causa lockout nel 2007 con il nuovo team che ha praticamente soppiantato in termini di timeslot e di storyline il team originario composto da Cameron, Chase e Foreman (e non avendo il loro stesso appeal) andando così a danneggiare pesantemente una macchina che funzionava alla perfezione capace, in termini di ascolti, di raggiungere anche i 20 e passa milioni di telespettatori sul finire della terza stagione.
    Da lì in poi House è pian piano scivolato nei ratings, la storia House-Cuddy ha snaturato l'essenza di una serie che avrebbe dovuto rimanere non dico uguale ma cmq simile alla struttura delle prime stagioni con il personaggio House e i casi medici in primo piano e se proprio si voleva virare sull'aspetto personale dei vari personaggi credo che sarebbe stato più opportuno puntare su House-Cameron vista la grande alchimia tra i 2 attori nonchè characters sul piccolo schermo e visto che cmq fin dal pilot quello sembrava lo sbocco suggerito da Shore & Co.
    Tra l'altro vedendo la Morrison super gnocca di questi tempi...avrebbero anche potuto puntare sul suo lato sexy e senza scadere in robe da soap o da "Californication" tirare fuori una storia anzi più storie che coinvolgessero anche i rapporti con gli altri personaggi del PPTH legandosi ai casi medici e rimanendo fedeli allo spirito originario della serie.
    Naturalmente col senno del poi e da fuori è facile criticare e cmq vedere le cose con più chiarezza...sicuramente per passare in pochi anni da 15-16 milioni di media alla metà attuale scarsa e dopo le candidature, i premi e i riconoscimenti delle prime stagioni in confronto con il quasi nullla delle ultime...beh, stanchezza fisiologica del pubblico a parte, qualcosa deve essere successo...

29 replies since 9/2/2012, 03:59   5239 views