Allure: Daily Beauty Reporter - 2013

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Allure Exclusive: Jennifer Morrison's 2013 Met Gala Prep

by Catherine Devine, Assistant Editor, May 7, 2013, 1:00:00 PM

jennifer-morrison-getting-ready-met-ball_zpsc64bd4d8

A few hours before last night's Met Gala, hairstylist Teddy Charles and makeup artist Nick Barose met with actress Jennifer Morrison in her room at the Mark Hotel in New York City. Their challenge was to work with the evening's punk theme. "We didn't want to be too literal," Barose said. "But we did want a little flavor." Their solution? Braiding—yes, braiding—Morrison's platinum blonde hair into a faux-hawk. Together with her bright red lips, it was one of our favorite looks of the night. We got the inside scoop on her pre-party prep.

jennifer-morrison-met-ball-2_zpsdaaa59a6

"She was wearing a Donna Karan dress and wanted to have her neck free," Charles said. "It's the night where you can really push it—you expect to see crazy looks. Jennifer said, 'I'd love to have a mohawk.'" His solution was to roughly blow-dry her hair, then spritz in dry shampoo (Orlando Pita + T3 360 Refresh Volumizing Dry) and back-comb the entire head. He gathered her hair into a column and, starting at the top of the head, braided it. "I stretched out the braid at the top to make it like a Mohawk and more messy," he said. He used a darker dry shampoo on the side to make Morrison's roots stand out.

jennifer-morrison-met-ball-makeup-2_zpsa7e98dda

To keep it elegant, Barose went for classic makeup. "It's all about pale, matte skin, and this red lip," he said. "No blush—we didn't want it to be too pretty." Barose applied Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation with a dampened BeautyBlender sponge to keep Morrison's skin soft and velvety, then countoured her cheeks with Orlane Bronzing Pressed Powder. To keep her skin from falling flat, he dabbed on Jouer highlighter—"a hint of sheen to make her look healthy." Barose traced her top lashes with a thin line of Dolce & Gabbana Glam Liner Intense Liquid Eye Liner, then dusted her lids with taupe shadow. "It's just to add depth," he said. He filled in her brows, added a few fake lashes to the outer corners, and swiped on mascara. Then came the lips: Barose coated them with Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro #400, a vibrant, matte red stain. He softened the edges with a thin line of nude lip liner.

BJm7r45CIAE4GRw_zps3a68b95e

But before she hit the red carpet, Barose had one finishing touch: "Her dress had this high slit to show off her amazing legs, but I had come from another job before and left behind my regular body lotion. I ended up using a La Mer face cream—all over her legs."

http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/...air-makeup.html

th_BJm7r45CIAE4GRw_zps3a68b95e

https://twitter.com/UNITEHAIR/status/331502410264616960

0 replies since 11/5/2013, 22:13   218 views