User deleted

Once Upon a Time - Episode 3.06 - Ariel - Press Release

CITAZIONE

AFTER BEING SAVED BY ARIEL, SNOW WHITE RETURNS THE FAVOR BY HELPING HER

NEW FRIEND GET ACQUAINTED WITH PRINCE ERIC, AND EMMA, MARY MARGARET,

DAVID AND HOOK ATTEMPT TO RESCUE NEAL FROM PAN’S ENCAMPMENT,

ON ABC’S “ONCE UPON A TIME”

JoAnna Garcia Swisher Guest Stars as Ariel

“Ariel” – Back in the Fairy Tale Land that was, when Ariel (JoAnna Garcia Swisher) saves Snow White from drowning in the ocean's depths, Snow returns the favor by helping her new friend get acquainted with Prince Eric, with whom she has fallen madly in love with. Meanwhile, Emma, Mary Margaret, David and Hook attempt to save Neal, who is imprisoned in one of Pan's encampments, and Regina and Mr. Gold begrudgingly team up to find a way to take down Pan, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 3 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Michael Raymond-James as Baelfire/Neal Cassidy, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Robbie Kay as Pan, JoAnna Garcia Swisher as Ariel, Gil McKinney as Eric, Parker Croft as Felix, Josh Kalender as lead knight, Adam Lolacher as black knight and Arpad Balogh as footman.

”Ariel” was written by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz and directed by Ciaran Donnelly.

“Once Upon a Time” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format with a 5.1 channel surround sound. This program carries a TV-PG,V parental guideline.

For more information on “Once Upon a Time,” visit ABC.com/Once

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once upon a Time - Still and BTS - S03E06 - Ariel

th_OUATS03E06004_zpsd5ad1c1e th_OUATS03E06003_zps77de1297 th_OUATS03E06002_zpsef4d49a2 th_OUATS03E06001_zpsd204f129 th_OUATS03E06008_zpsfc29596c th_OUATS03E06007_zpsb2152165 th_OUATS03E06006_zpsaaf7f0d7 th_OUATS03E06005_zpsbb70963c th_OUATS03E06012_zps44267823 th_OUATS03E06011_zps96cf7012 th_OUATS03E06010_zps35ed313e th_OUATS03E06009_zps6b8daafb th_OUATS03E06016_zps18467453 th_OUATS03E06015_zps99787e8a th_OUATS03E06014_zpsb053ff70 th_OUATS03E06013_zpsaccb06f3 th_OUATS03E06020_zps34b14637 th_OUATS03E06019_zps0fc766fb th_OUATS03E06018_zps80e7c088 th_OUATS03E06017_zps1c20cfb3 th_OUATS03E06024_zpsc58d3c17 th_OUATS03E06023_zpsf7478fea th_OUATS03E06022_zpsce431b45 th_OUATS03E06021_zpse24d3d10 th_OUATS03E06028_zpsc776eb2e th_OUATS03E06027_zps7587a7be th_OUATS03E06026_zps3cc6ecce th_OUATS03E06025_zps811ba6c3 th_OUATS03E06029_zpsa7178502 th_OUATS03E06030_zpsf9ad3929 th_OUATS03E06031_zps637c1e4f

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

November 3, 2013 07:08 PM PST

Once Upon a Time Recap: Chamber of Secrets

This week on ABC’s Once Upon a Time, mermaid Ariel’s pursuit of true love caused Snow White to stumble, Regina and Rumple formed a united front and (a whole lot of) the truth set someone free.

IN THE FAIRYTALE LAND THAT WAS…. | Chased by the Evil Queen’s goons, bandit Snow leaped into the drink, where she was rescued by Ariel. To thank her, Snow helped the little mermaid put her best feet forward at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance, where she hoped to reunite with Prince Eric, whom she once saved from a shipwreck. Sure ’nuff, Eric was insta-smitten by the flame-haired femme, and even invited her to meet him the next morning for an epic voyage. Knowing that her fin would return in mere hours, Ariel beseeched the sea goddess Ursula for a reprieve — at which point Regina saw an opportunity to pose as the tentacled doyenne and trick Ariel into transforming Snow White into a mermaid! When Regina stopped by to gloat, Ariel stabbed her with a dinglehopper and spirited Snow away into the sea. Later, Snow urged Ariel to meet up with Eric and tell him the truth — but as Regina warned, she would get no second chance at romance. So when Ariel went to beckon for Eric, her voice was gone.

IN NEVERLAND…. | Regina is trying to teach Emma to focus, to use her magic, when Hook arrives to confide in the Charmings the news of Neal’s presence on the island. The trio decide to keep it under wraps, which lasts all of 15 seconds, after Snow blabs to her daughter. Being the most skeptical of all, Regina splits off from the group to find and form a super-evil alliance with Rumplestiltskin. After Regina reveals his vision of “Belle” to be The Shadow, they become confident that the two of them working in tandem can, if not kill Pan and thus save Henry, resign Neverland’s overlord to a fate worse than death. But to do that, they need something from Rumple’s shop back in Storybrooke. Since mermaids can swim across realms, Regina uses a seashell to summon Ariel. Regina restores the lass’ voice Once Upon a Time Emma Neal Reuniteand promises to send her to where she can reunite with Eric — Storybrooke!

Meanwhile, Emma, Hook and the Charmings track Neal to Echo Cave and a chasm which can only be traversed if everyone shares their darkest secret. Hook goes first, revealing that in kissing Emma, he realized that he can move on from his first love, Milah — and a portion of the bridge forms. Snow goes next, admitting that Emma is great as a daughter-in-name and all, but frankly she and David wuz robbed off the cuddlier, baby powderier parenting moments. Thus, as soon as they get back to Storybrooke, she wants to make another baby! More bridge. Then things get awkward, as Charming admits that he won’t be around to start a family with her, since the Dreamshade cure he took has confined him to Neverland forever. More bridge, yeah, but that did not fly with the Mrs. Emma crosses the finished bridge, but to unlock Neal must share her own secret — and it is not that she never stopped loving him and always will, but that she secretly hoped that news of him being alive was indeed a trick, because frankly she doesn’t want to deal with all the repeated heartbreak they’ve been through. The cage dissolves and they hug, then Neal shares his own secret: “I will never stop fighting for you, Emma.”

Notable quotables:
    * “No, death looks more like this.”
    * “Why are you here?” “For starters, it appears I’m saving your ass.”
    * “He’s just as I remembered. Less wet.”
    * “You went to a long-dead dead octopus for advice, and you’re blaming me for your problems?”

REVIEW | As a whole, in terms of story movement, “Ariel” was probably one of the best episodes of the season. And coupled with the promo for next week, where we get a look at like in Storybrooke, it’s clear we’re entering the back half of the Neverland arc with a good deal of momentum. I mean, Echo Cave… every TV show needs one of those. That was highly entertaining, especially when Charming had to deal such a downer in the wake of Snow’s wish. In the flashbacks, JoAnna Garcia, as predicted, was perfection as Ariel (if not at times a doppelganger for Amy Adams), and I like how they fooled us with semantics — Regina was Ursula but Regina wasn’t the Ursula. So all those folks holding out for, like, Angela Bassett or Meryl Streep get their “second chance.”

http://tvline.com/2013/11/03/once-upon-a-t...a-neal-reunite/

4. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

The good episodes keep on churning out in this wonderful season 3. IMO, THE #catch of the day were the revealed secrets from Echo Cave. Matt Mitovich was right on with his insightful column -- I call it a column, not a review, as he primarily gives the details of the episode and goes light on the personal opinions.

Was it just me, or did it look like Mary Margaret had visited a Neverland barber for a little trim? :huh:

Could Emma get even more deliciously complex? Jennifer is having a lot more fun this season with her incredibly tortuous character. :D

I am firmly convinced that the #SwanFire reconciliation is just getting started. I think the first Neverland scene, where Emma is able to start a fire through her unconscious will, is a metaphor for that reunion.

I still want to know: who's in that second basket?

5. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

I think is WENDY.. I yet have to see the episode, but it seems that it was really intense

6. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (tiuchis @ 4/11/2013, 07:04) 
    I think is WENDY.. I yet have to see the episode, but it seems that it was really intense

Yeah, I saw a Wendy reference, too....very interesting. I love how this season is sooo mysterious. You will like this episode very much, tiuchis, I'm sure. ;)

7. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

TV Ratings Sunday: 'Once Upon a Time' & 'Revenge' Rise + 'The Good Wife' Matches Season High

Written By Amanda Kondolojy

November 4th, 2013

NBC was number one among adults 18-49, but CBS won with total viewers.

On NBC Sunday Night Football, (Indianapolis Colts-Houston Texans) earned a preliminary 5.7, up a tenth from last week's preliminary 5.6 adults 18-49 rating from 8:30-11PM.

On CBS, a football-inflated 60 Minutes scored a 3.2, up massively from last week's 1.3 adults 18-49 rating. The Amazing Race earned a 2.0, up two tenths from last week's 1.8. The Good Wife earned a 1.6, up from last week's 1.4 adults 18-49 rating and matching its season high

On FOX, The Simpsons returned to a 2.5 adults 18-49 rating, down half a ratings point after its last original's 3.0, nearly a month ago. Bob's Burgers notched a 1.8, down a tenth after its last original's 1.9 adults 18-49 rating. Family Guy matched its last 2.5 and American Dad earned a 1.9, down two tenths from it last original's 2.1 adults 18-49 rating.

On ABC, America’s Funniest Home Videos matched last week's season high 1.4 adults 18-49 rating. Once Upon A Time scored a 2.3, up a tenth from last week's 2.2 adults 18-49 rating. Your predictions were spot on! Revenge earned a 1.7, up three tenths from last week's season low 1.4 adults 18-49 rating. Betrayal notched a 1.0, up a tenth from last week's 0.9 adults 18-49 rating.

Broadcast primetime ratings for Sunday, November 3, 2013:
    Time Net Show 18-49 Rating 18-49 Share Viewers Live+SD (million)
    7:00PM CBS Football Overrun (7-8PM) 6.6 18 23.11
    NBC Football Night in America 1.8 5 5.71
    FOX Bob's Burgers -R 1.6 4 4.26
    ABC America's Funniest Home Videos 1.4 4 7.00

7:30PM NBC Football Night in America 2.3 6 6.65
    FOX The Simpsons -R 1.4 4 3.48

8:00 PM NBC Football Night in America/ Pre-Kick 4.2 11 11.86
    CBS 60 Minutes 3.2 8 15.09
    FOX The Simpsons 2.5 6 5.46
    ABC Once Upon A Time 2.3 6 7.50

8:30PM NBC Sunday Night Football (8:30-11PM) 5.7 14 15.34
    FOX Bob's Burgers 1.8 4 3.75

9:00PM FOX Family Guy 2.5 6 4.86
    CBS The Amazing Race 2.0 5 9.40
    ABC Revenge 1.7 4 6.30

9:30PM FOX American Dad 1.9 4 3.74

10:00 PM CBS The Good Wife 1.6 4 9.79
    ABC Betrayal 1.0 3 3.50

-
    Nielsen TV Ratings: ©2013 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/11/0...on-high/213267/

8. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

After a long time I go back to do a review of an episode of Once upon a time ... I can only say that it was absolutely intense.
    At the second mink (or perhaps the third ) I was struck by these words of Snow White to Emma, who has just said that she has kissed Hook:

"You don't want to open yourself up to the hope that he's alive, but you should." ... [Why?] ... "Because you deserve an happy ending, Emma. And happy ending always start with hope."

This made ​​me realize that no matter who Emma will choose in the end, now she is not ready to bond to someone because she is scared, no! terrified by the chance to lose that person and then re-addressing the pain of abandonment. Now Emma has no room for hope, but only for the management of daily activities ... or rather retrieve Henry. She's never allowed herself to cry the kidnapping of her son or the (presumed) death of the love of her life. Emma trudges only trough the harshness of her own life and I suspect that, before she's being able to choose, the Emma's life will get worse until it touches the bottom that will break her own defenses.

And what about Snow White? Tender is her desire of maternity, the rest she fell asleep that Emma did not even have an hour of life, and if she finds in front a grown and badass woman hardened by adversity that still does not recognize her as her own mother. I think the desire of Snow White is legitimate... and these authors intelligent fielding the possibility of pregnancy of their actress intertwining it to that of their character.
    Kudos to writers and actors, beautiful, beautiful work. Well done!

I put a lot of effort to translate my thoughts into English, I hope that is understandable.

9. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Bravo, Aleki! Another marvelous review from you. It's been some time since you wrote one for us, and I miss that. You have a calling as a writer, and you should pursue that.

I certainly agree that Emma is not ready to get into another serious relationship at this time, and Neal's remarkable return -- as evidenced by Emma's secret revelation to him -- underscores that point, and adds another challenge that she just doesn't need right now. She's annoyed. But this is the way the great romances work. Emma's story is a new fairy tale (I wonder how many viewers forget that point), and as with all good fairy tales, it is a long, delicious struggle that takes our senses on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. A central, essential part of this ride is the always uneven romance with Neal. The longer their relationship goes on -- and is tested like this -- the better, I say. Can you imagine how glorious it will be in the end? :D

and these authors intelligent fielding the possibility of pregnancy of their actress intertwining it to that of their character.

That was so insightful of you, Aleki -- I was thinking that very same thing, marveling at the very real possibility of the recently-engaged Ginny and Josh announcing a pregnancy in the foreseeable future, and how the writers have cleverly morphed this into the story line.

Finally, one of my very favorite lines of the night came from Charming, early in the episode at the fire-starting scene with Regina, Emma and Snow. When Regina harassed Emma into using her repressed magical powers to start the fire, Charming intoned, ..."Yup, she's got it [the power]." I just loved that. :D

10. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    The Amazing Race was adjusted up a tenth while The Simpsons was adjusted down a single tenth among adults 18-49 versus Sunday's preliminary ratings. Final NFL numbers for NBC and CBS are also below.

Want to know why adjustments occur to the preliminary ratings? Read this.

Final broadcast primetime ratings for Sunday, November 3, 2013:
    Time Net Show 18-49 rating 18-49 Share Viewers Live+SD (million)
    7:00PM CBS Football Overrun (7-8PM) 7.7 25 23.99
    ABC America's Funniest Home Videos 1.4 4 6.96
    FOX Bob's Burgers -R 0.8 2 1.88

7:30PM NBC Football Night in America 1.2 3 3.76
    FOX The Simpsons -R 1.4 4 3.48

8:00 PM NBC Football Night in America/ Pre-Kick 3.4 9 9.42
    CBS 60 Minutes 3.2 8 15.81
    FOX The Simpsons 2.4 6 5.43
    ABC Once Upon A Time 2.3 6 7.55

8:30PM NBC Sunday Night Football (8:30-11PM) 6.3 13 17.04
    FOX Bob's Burgers 1.8 4 3.75

9:00PM FOX Family Guy 2.5 6 4.87
    CBS The Amazing Race 2.1 5 9.38
    ABC Revenge 1.7 4 6.33

9:30PM FOX American Dad 1.9 4 3.75

10:00 PM CBS The Good Wife 1.6 4 10.22
    ABC Betrayal 1.0 3 3.44

-
    Nielsen TV Ratings: ©2013 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/11/0...numbers/213616/

11. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

I'm wondering what is the weakness of Peter Pan ... the mythology of heros and villains teaches that there is always the weak point ... and I thought that might be his own shadow ... or better to be rejoined to his own shadow. In the original story it is that Wendy sews it on him his shadow. So we could give an explanation to the possibility that Wendy is locked up in the second cage (always if it really is!).

What do you think? logic? too much?

Or as Castle said to Beckett: "Don't ruin my story with your logic!" :P

12. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (Aleki77 @ 6/11/2013, 01:43) 
    I'm wondering what is the weakness of Peter Pan ... the mythology of heros and villains teaches that there is always the weak point ... and I thought that might be his own shadow ... or better to be rejoined to his own shadow. In the original story it is that Wendy sews it on him his shadow. So we could give an explanation to the possibility that Wendy is locked up in the second cage (always if it really is!).

What do you think? logic? too much?

Or as Castle said to Beckett: "Don't ruin my story with your logic!" :P

Ahhh, written like a true CASTLE fan. :lol: My theory on what is Pan's weakness: Stana Katic. She would make Pan her slave. :lol:

I do think you are on to something with the shadow theory. At this point, it makes more sense than anything else, especially since Wendy is coming back into focus in upcoming episodes. Do you have some connection with the OUAT writers' room? :D

13. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

Great reviews guys and I loved this episode too! I also love the fact that after Matt joked on Twitter about how every show needs an Echo Cave, I commented this to him, "I agree as long as they all end with @jenmorrisonlive being totally awesome!" and JEN favorited my tweet!! That's never happened to me before so I was kind of stoked to find out that she liked my totally random comment! Made my night for sure. :wub:

Anyway, I agree that Wendy seems like the most logical choice of someone important who could be in that second cage. I wonder when we're going to find that out? Neal may never have known that someone was hanging next to him since he was out cold for most of that time hanging in the trees.

I LOVED all the SwanFire moments in the episode and Emma's speech to Neal was so heartbreaking. Two things stuck out to me though: one, Neal's comment, "You can tell me anything" and then him actually LISTENING intently while she spoke to him, and two, after she admitted her sad secret to him, he didn't waste a moment drawing her into his arms and hugging her tightly. I felt like he was saying to her, "It's okay" but also not forcing her into any decisions right then either. I agree that they have to be endgame somehow and their journey back to each other will hopefully be all kinds of awesome (which I trust that it will be because Eddie & Adam are also awesome). :wub:

I could ramble more but I really need to go to bed. Sorry I haven't been around much...I'm trying to fix that now! I miss all you guys so much!!! :)

14. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Hey, Heather, welcome back! :D I thought that you must have been extinguishing a blaze on Chicago Fire, or something.

Heartiest congrats to you for getting a Favorite Tweet from Jennifer. THAT is fabulous, and I am so happy for you. :D :D

As Aleki wrote in her splendid review of this episode, Emma has a way to go before hitting rock bottom, but I do believe that when she does, it will be Neal who will save her. There was, indeed, a lot of passionate understanding in that momentous hug in Echo Cave, and -- as Neal confessed -- he will never stop fighting for her. That's powerful stuff -- the substance of the OTP. In the meantime, it looks like our Princess will be fighting an annoying shadow next week.

So, get some rest, gather your thoughts, and send along your comments. Cheers! ^_^

15. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Finally, one of my very favorite lines of the night came from Charming, early in the episode at the fire-starting scene with Regina, Emma and Snow. When Regina harassed Emma into using her repressed magical powers to start the fire, Charming intoned, ..."Yup, she's got it [the power]." I just loved that. :D

Well, DUH, leave it to me to get the paraphrase, and the speaker, totally wrong! :wacko: The correct observation came, of course, from Snow..."she has it in her, she should learn to use it." I still love that. I want to see more demonstrations of Emma's untapped magic. Watch out, Pan-ster. :angry:

16 replies since 29/10/2013, 07:57   420 views