OUAT S03E06 - Ariel

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

After a long time I go back to do a review of an episode of Once upon a time ... I can only say that it was absolutely intense.
    At the second mink (or perhaps the third ) I was struck by these words of Snow White to Emma, who has just said that she has kissed Hook:

"You don't want to open yourself up to the hope that he's alive, but you should." ... [Why?] ... "Because you deserve an happy ending, Emma. And happy ending always start with hope."

This made ​​me realize that no matter who Emma will choose in the end, now she is not ready to bond to someone because she is scared, no! terrified by the chance to lose that person and then re-addressing the pain of abandonment. Now Emma has no room for hope, but only for the management of daily activities ... or rather retrieve Henry. She's never allowed herself to cry the kidnapping of her son or the (presumed) death of the love of her life. Emma trudges only trough the harshness of her own life and I suspect that, before she's being able to choose, the Emma's life will get worse until it touches the bottom that will break her own defenses.

And what about Snow White? Tender is her desire of maternity, the rest she fell asleep that Emma did not even have an hour of life, and if she finds in front a grown and badass woman hardened by adversity that still does not recognize her as her own mother. I think the desire of Snow White is legitimate... and these authors intelligent fielding the possibility of pregnancy of their actress intertwining it to that of their character.
    Kudos to writers and actors, beautiful, beautiful work. Well done!

I put a lot of effort to translate my thoughts into English, I hope that is understandable.

16 replies since 29/10/2013, 07:57   423 views