OUAT S03E06 - Ariel

« Older   Newer »

1. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Bravo, Aleki! Another marvelous review from you. It's been some time since you wrote one for us, and I miss that. You have a calling as a writer, and you should pursue that.

I certainly agree that Emma is not ready to get into another serious relationship at this time, and Neal's remarkable return -- as evidenced by Emma's secret revelation to him -- underscores that point, and adds another challenge that she just doesn't need right now. She's annoyed. But this is the way the great romances work. Emma's story is a new fairy tale (I wonder how many viewers forget that point), and as with all good fairy tales, it is a long, delicious struggle that takes our senses on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. A central, essential part of this ride is the always uneven romance with Neal. The longer their relationship goes on -- and is tested like this -- the better, I say. Can you imagine how glorious it will be in the end? :D

and these authors intelligent fielding the possibility of pregnancy of their actress intertwining it to that of their character.

That was so insightful of you, Aleki -- I was thinking that very same thing, marveling at the very real possibility of the recently-engaged Ginny and Josh announcing a pregnancy in the foreseeable future, and how the writers have cleverly morphed this into the story line.

Finally, one of my very favorite lines of the night came from Charming, early in the episode at the fire-starting scene with Regina, Emma and Snow. When Regina harassed Emma into using her repressed magical powers to start the fire, Charming intoned, ..."Yup, she's got it [the power]." I just loved that. :D

16 replies since 29/10/2013, 07:57   424 views