Interview with Jen on Reforma news paper Mexico 2013

« Older   Newer »

1. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

THIS INTERVIEW WAS MADE AROUND OCTOBER 2013

Había una vez... una actriz paciente

TORONTO.- A casi 20 años de haber hecho su primera incursión frente a las pantallas,

Jennifer Morrison siente que su esfuerzo ya rinde frutos verdaderamente con Once Upon a Time.

La actriz de 34 años, quien tuvo un breve papel en Intersection, con Sharon Stone y Richard Gere cuando era casi una quinceañera, está asimilando el éxito de la serie que estrena hoy en México su tercera temporada, a las 21:00 horas por Sony Entertainment Television.

"Ha valido mucho la pena, sí llegué a desesperarme, porque no siempre me salieron las cosas como yo quería y ahora estoy viviendo un cambio radical en mi vida.

"Tardé mucho para tener una gran oportunidad, sin embargo, la estoy disfrutando como nunca", contó Morrison en entrevista.

Y aunque ha hecho filmes con distintas personalidades como Ben Affleck y Brad Pitt, obtuvo renombre hasta que dio vida a la doctora Allison Cameron en Dr. House.

"Estoy muy agradecida con la oportunidad que tuve en House, fue una gran escuela y la mejor plataforma de lanzamiento.

"Si no hubiera sido por esa serie, no me habría vuelto tan visible, y siento que ahora ya tengo lo que buscaba: una serie extraordinaria".

Luego de su coestelar con Hugh Laurie, Morrison obtuvo su gran papel como la cazarrecompensas Emma Swan, que es estelar junto con Ginnifer Goodwin y Lana Parrilla.

De hecho su papel y el de Jared S. Gimore (Henry Mills) son los únicos que no tienen una relación directa con un cuento de hadas.

"Eso me ha dado oportunidad de buscarle matices muy diferentes a mi personaje. Estoy feliz con la reacción del público y me ha hecho crecer bastante. Ha sido la mejor escuela poder estar en un elenco tan variado y con tanto talento".

Después de tres años en la serie de Sony, la actriz originaria de Chicago ha encontrado formas de aportar sus ideas a la producción.

"Soy demasiado inquieta como para quedarme callada y me gusta dar mi opinión. Si siento que puedo aportarle algo a mi personaje, lo digo, y eso nos ha pasado a todos.

"Hemos aportado un poquito y eso la enriquecido mucho", contó la también actriz de filmes como En la Oscuridad Star Trek.

ASÍ LO DIJO

"El estado ideal de un actor no debe ser estar encasillado en la televisión o en el cine, sino poder hacer ambos formatos con total libertad".

Jennifer Morrison

IN ENGLISH

Once upon a time... A waiting actress

TORONTO.- At almost 20 years, since she did her first acting before the camera, Jennifer Morrison feels that all her efforts are blooming with Once Upon a Time.

The 34 year old actress, who made a small appearance in Intersection,with Sharon Stone y Richard Gere when she was a quinceañera, is assimilating the success of the series that premiers today in Mexico in its third season at 21:00 hrs on Sony Entertainment Television.

" It's been worth it, I at some point felt a little hopeless , because things weren't turning out the way I planned it and now I am living a radical change in my life.

It was a long wait for a big opportunity, nonetheless, I am enjoying it the best it can be " said Morrison in interview.

Although she had made films with different personalities such as Ben Affleck and Brad Pitt, she gained a name until she gave life to Dr. Alison Cameron from tv series Dr. House.

"I am very grateful with the opportunity I had as to work in House, it was a great school and learning process ,the best launching platform."

"If it wasn't from House, I wouldn't had become so visible,and now I feel I have what I was looking for; an extraordinary tv series "(OUAT).

After her support role with Hugh Laurie, Morrison gained her big role as a bails bond woman ,Emma Swan, staring also with Ginnifer Goodwin and Lana Parrilla.

In fact, her character and Jared S. Gilmore's (Henry Mills) are the only ones that are not directly involved with fairy tale land.

"That, has given me the opportunity to look up as many as different nuances for my character. I am so happy with the fans reaction and that has made me grow a lot. It has been the best school to be given the opportunity to be with such a varied and talented cast".

After three years of Once, the actress a Chicago native, has found ways to establish and give ideas to the production.

"I am pretty inquiring to only sit back and not voice my opinion. If I feel that I can give something extra to my character, I'll say it, and that has happened to all of us.

"We have contributed a little, and that has enriched a lot the characters, hence the series" said the actress also know for her role in Star Trek: in to the darkness.

She said it..

"The ideal state for an actor is not being typecast in tv or cinema, but the total freedom to make both formats "

Jennifer Morrison

2. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Nice article. Thanks for finding this, Tiuchis. ;)

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

thanks a lot!

4. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

U are welcome!! ;)

3 replies since 2/3/2014, 23:21   216 views