Ready for Her Close-Up: Tips from “Once Upon a Time’s” Jennifer Morrison

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ready for Her Close-Up: Tips from “Once Upon a Time’s” Jennifer Morrison

On TV she’s Emma Swan, daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming on “Once Upon a Time.”

Yet, there are times, even in Hollywood, when Jennifer Morrison doesn’t feel like the fairest of them all.

She reminisces, “I just remember growing up in the Chicago suburbs on hot summer days, which do not equal good hair days. I was that teenage ball of frizzy hair.”

Now that she’s on a weekly series, Morrison doesn’t just leave things to the whim of Mother Nature. “I do work hard on staying in shape,” she says. “I have to put the time in because my body is my instrument.”

The Prospect High School grad and Arlington Heights native who grew up dreaming of becoming an actor shares her favorite fitness and beauty secrets:

Q: What is your best “I’ve got to slay an evil queen or two” stay in shape secret?

A: I do hot yoga about four times a week. I do it five or six times if I’m not working. And I’ve been trying to fit cardio in there. I love to run about two or three times a week. It really is a good way to put your phone down and just get out there.

Q: What do you enjoy about hot yoga?

A: I don’t do Bikram hot yoga, which is too hardcore for me. It’s so hot. But I’ve found a place to do warm yoga. It’s just warm in the room and you get a nice sweat going while it’s strengthening at the same time. I like the satisfaction of being really sweaty after a workout. Every single centimeter of your body seems to sweat, which makes me feel like mission accomplished.

Q: What about days when the dwarves have been acting up and you just don’t feel like going to yoga?

A: It’s about being disciplined. You have to force yourself to get in the car. Once you’re in the car, you’re on your way.

Q: Do you have a diet tip that really works?

A: I think one of the keys is to stay hydrated. I work crazy hours and it would be easy to forget about getting your water in. I know the better I feel, the more capable I am as an actor. Not only do I drink a lot of water, but coconut water has saved my life. It has five different electrolytes. And it’s way better for you than a cup of coffee. I really focus on the coconut water when I travel a lot because your skin gets so dehydrated flying.

Q: Any favorite lipsticks to kiss a Prince Charming or two?

A: Smashbox lip stains are the best. I just make sure to use a natural for daytime and then go for a deeper berry shade if I’m going out at night.

Q: Finally, how do you combat your hair problems now when you’re back in Arlington Heights?

A: Unite has a great dry shampoo called 7 Seconds. After a hot yoga class, when I’m super sweaty, I spray this on and my hair comes back to life. It’s a miracle!

http://voices.suntimes.com/arts-entertainm...nifer-morrison/

2. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

Hehe she does love the Unite dry shampoo, has mentioned it a few times, and I agree when u are in the car , you are half way to gym, getting to the car is sometimes my problem hahaha

3. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (tiuchis @ 12/4/2014, 11:19) 
    .. getting to the car is sometimes my problem hahaha

I know that if I had Jen's Mercedes, getting to the car wouldn't be a problem for me -- getting OUT of the car, THAT would be the problem. :lol:

4. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

Hahahaha... ^^^^ true so true!!

3 replies since 12/4/2014, 18:43   206 views